George Strait and Kris Kristofferson lead the soundtrack to History's Texas Rising miniseries, the bloody 10-hour tale of the Texas Revolution.
Strait sings "Take Me to Texas," a Brandy Clark and Shane McAnally-penned theme song that sounds right up the proud Lone Star native's alley, while Kristofferson combines his acting and singing experience to style a haunting, somber rendition of Tom Petty's classic "I Won't Back Down."
Using his ultra-weathered voice to full effect, Kristofferson gives "I Won't Back Down" a whole new outlook, going from proud and optimistic to full of regret and pain, but resilient all the same.
History recently released a behind-the-scenes video of Kristofferson cutting "I Won't Back Down," which mixes studio footage with scenes from the dusty, chaotic Texan frontier depicted in the miniseries.
Also contributing new music to the project are Latin guitar virtuoso José Feliciano and composers John Debney and Bruce Broughton, who created the epic instrumental tracks at Nashville's Ocean Way Studios on Music Row.
In addition to appearing on the soundtrack, Kristofferson portrays President Andrew Jackson in the series, joining a star-studded cast that includes Bill Paxton as Sam Houston, Olivier Martinez as Mexican General Santa Anna and Ray Liotta and Brendan Fraser.
Texas Rising premieres on History on Memorial Day, May 25th at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
- FASHION WEEK - USA Fashion and Music News
- HOLLYWOOD NEWS - Hollywood News
- PALCO MP3 - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- LAST FM - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- USA FASHION - Fashion In USA Photography Videos Beauty
- DISNEY CHANNEL - Photos and Music News
- BABY JUSTIN BIEBER - Google Images Google News
- LADY GAGA - Google Images Google News
- THE UNIVERSE PICTURES - Google Images Nature Pictures
- VICTORIA´S SECRET Google + - Victoria´s Secret Fashion Show Photos