The Lonely Island are taking on the bloated music documentary format with a new big-screen spoof in the works with Universal. The comedy trio of Andy Samberg, Jorma Taccone and Akiva Schaffer began shooting the film in Los Angeles this week, with Taccone and Schaffer co-directing and Judd Apatow producing.
The Hollywood Reporter, the mockumentary will follow a rapper forced to reunite with his former boy band after his latest album flops, with nods to recent music docs like Justin Bieber's Never Say Never and Katy Perry's Part of Me. A poster for the movie displayed on the Lonely Island's website shows the three members stretched out in a limo, dressed in gleaming white with drinks in hand. The poster refers to the project as The Lonely Island Presents: Top Secret Untitled Lonely Island Movie.
While it is unknown yet whether the film will feature the type of top-shelf musical cameos included in their 2013 LP, The Wack Album, one other piece of casting news has emerged: Sarah Silverman will appear as the rapper's publicist.
The new project won't be the former SNL Digital Shorts stars' first group venture into movie-making. In 2007, Schaffer directed Taccone and Samberg in Hot Rod. The trio has been keeping busy in other formats lately as well; in January, the group signed a deal with Fox to create comedy serials for the network's digital platforms. Apatow, meanwhile, is set to release Trainwreck, starring Amy Schumer, in July.
- FASHION WEEK - USA Fashion and Music News
- HOLLYWOOD NEWS - Hollywood News
- PALCO MP3 - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- LAST FM - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- USA FASHION - Fashion In USA Photography Videos Beauty
- DISNEY CHANNEL - Photos and Music News
- BABY JUSTIN BIEBER - Google Images Google News
- LADY GAGA - Google Images Google News
- THE UNIVERSE PICTURES - Google Images Nature Pictures
- VICTORIA´S SECRET Google + - Victoria´s Secret Fashion Show Photos