Spotify announced Wednesday that it has added video content and new playlists in its latest update, as it works to maintain its footing in the ever-expanding streaming market.
Spotify mobile apps now also offer a feature that detects the speed at which someone is running and will offer music at that approximated tempo. The company is also teaming with Nike and integrating RunKeeper with Spotify Running later this year. The service is now also offering mood-centric playlists that recall rival Songza's approach to playlists.
"We're bringing you a deeper, richer, more immersive Spotify experience," Daniel Ek, Spotify founder and CEO, said in a statement. "We want Spotify to help soundtrack your life by offering an even wider world of entertainment with an awesome mix of the best music, podcasts and video delivered to you throughout your day."
The company announced Tuesday that it was teaming with Starbucks to create what it called a new music "ecosystem," in which baristas programmed music for their specific coffee shops and espresso enthusiasts could earn loyalty points for using Spotify.
In recent months, the streaming service has been facing growing competition and criticism, after Taylor Swift pulled her music from Spotify last year and Jay Z re-launched Tidal with his megastar "minions." It will likely face more competition later this year, as Apple is expected to relaunch Beats as its own streaming service, though it has not confirmed when the launch would take place.
- FASHION WEEK - USA Fashion and Music News
- HOLLYWOOD NEWS - Hollywood News
- PALCO MP3 - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- LAST FM - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- USA FASHION - Fashion In USA Photography Videos Beauty
- DISNEY CHANNEL - Photos and Music News
- BABY JUSTIN BIEBER - Google Images Google News
- LADY GAGA - Google Images Google News
- THE UNIVERSE PICTURES - Google Images Nature Pictures
- VICTORIA´S SECRET Google + - Victoria´s Secret Fashion Show Photos