Iggy Azalea's Great Escape Tour, originally scheduled to kick off this spring before it was postponed to the fall, has now been cancelled entirely. The trek was set to begin on September 18th in San Diego. "As you may know, the tour is cancelled. I'm so sad and sorry to let my fans down... we'll be back out on the road when the next album is done," Azalea tweeted to fans on Friday.
"Pretty Girls" rapper tweeted.
The Great Escape Tour, which was officially announced in December 2014, was initially set to begin April 14th in Fresno, California with Nick Jonas and Tinashe serving as opening acts. In March, Azalea revealed that the entire jaunt would be postponed until the fall. "It is bumped back because I am a psychopath – it's my first arena tour, so it's a big undertaking and I'm doing a lot of the creative direction," Azalea told 97.1 AMP in March (via New York Times).
"To accommodate for creative team availability and tour production plans, it was determined that the tour will not be ready this spring," Azalea's reps said at the time. "It is extremely important to Iggy that she delivers the show she envisaged to share with her fans and that requires more time in development... The tour getting pushed back only means that it'll be way more amazing than it would've been in April. Good things take time." No explanation was given why the fall dates were nixed.
Azalea also hinted back in December that her tour was dubbed "The Great Escape" because "this name is somewhat relatable to what I'll be naming Album 2," the follow-up to her 2014 breakout The New Classic.
- FASHION WEEK - USA Fashion and Music News
- HOLLYWOOD NEWS - Hollywood News
- PALCO MP3 - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- LAST FM - Download Music Legally Direct From Artist
- USA FASHION - Fashion In USA Photography Videos Beauty
- DISNEY CHANNEL - Photos and Music News
- BABY JUSTIN BIEBER - Google Images Google News
- LADY GAGA - Google Images Google News
- THE UNIVERSE PICTURES - Google Images Nature Pictures
- VICTORIA´S SECRET Google + - Victoria´s Secret Fashion Show Photos