Tuesday, December 15, 2015

See Josh Homme-Approved Eagles of Death Metal Video Tribute

See Josh Homme-Approved Eagles of Death Metal Video Tribute:

A number of international Eagles of Death Metal fans participated in a two-minute video paying homage to the group following the terrorist attack on their Paris concert last month, with the group's drummer, Queens of the Stone Age frontman Josh Homme, posting it to his main band's Facebook page. "We offer you this message of sincerest love and deepest sympathy from the bottom of our hearts from all around the world," the fans say, taking turns. "We constitute a family of perfect strangers who have swiftly become as close as siblings."

"I think I'm one of the first in our group to see this," Homme wrote in his post. "I find it difficult to put into words how this video makes me feel. I'm proud to be among you, part of you, one of you. Thank you for this kind and generous gift. It means the world to me. I thank you with everything I have. I am humbled by you. I am in awe of you. What you have done, together? I will never forget this gift of kindness. Thank you."

Following the attack, Homme has encouraged his friends in other bands to cover Eagles of Death Metal's Zipper Down song "I Love You All the Time" and donate the money to charities that benefit victims of the attack. Some of the bands who have taken him up on the offer include My Morning Jacket, the Dean Ween Group, Savages and Pearl Jam.

Another band to pay tribute to them was U2, who invited them onstage with them in Paris. "They were robbed of their stage three weeks ago, so we'd like to offer them ours tonight," Bono told the audience. Together, the two groups played Patti Smith's "People Have the Power" and U2 left the stage so that Eagles of Death Metal could play "I Love You All the Time" by themselves.

Original enclosures: